Sunday 17 April 2011

DIRECTION.


I wondered where i could take my work next, there is definitely something sexual about the image of 2 men from one face. I feel that whilst working with these warped faces the compositions are much more successful when there is more that 1 body. We can make a link from these sexual images to the poem that influenced this project from the start. The key line to this poem being 'We have no time to stand and stare'. My work perhaps suggests that society and culture changes so fast and so dramatically in terms of what is considered acceptable that we have no time to dwell upon agitational subjects such as the modern acceptance of gay/straight equality?
I think this raw display of complicated and varying sexuality could be something to concentrate upon within my work. I hope that these images are not overly comfortable to the eye of the viewer.
Here is the start of my next venture...


No comments:

Post a Comment